2019 Business Excellence Awards
Every year, Think Dutchess recognizes the most successful businesses in Dutchess County at the Business Excellence Awards. For more than 20 years, the premier business event in Dutchess County brings together the entire business community to celebrate innovation, service and distinction. This year’s award winners showcased the behind-the-scenes heroes and leaders in our business community that leverage inclusion and diversified practices to achieve competitive advantage.
Special guest keynote and emcee Jeff Havens provided entertainment and inspiration for nearly 300 guests and our six special award winners. Award recipients included:
- Innovator of the Year: Accessadoor– For Dana Jones the day-to-day challenges of accessing doors inspired revolutionary technology. Together with a fellow Dutchess Community College student, Jacob Earnst, Accessadoor was born in 2018 to change decades-old technology and create access for millions of differently-abled people everywhere. Now entering the manufacturing stage, these young innovators are a testament to the valuable educational resources and talent that exists in the area.
- Nonprofit of the Year: Dutchess SCORE– No community can survive without a strong entrepreneurial and small business sector. Subsequently, no small business can succeed without the support of mentors who provide guidance and education when it’s needed the most. SCORE’s free advisory services, provided by an all-volunteer team, helps encourage a diverse small business base and support our overall economic vitality.
- Small Business of the Year: Earth, Wind & Fuego– Operating out of the Poughkeepsie Underwear Factory, this gluten-free restaurant offers more than just tasty, healthy food. This woman-owned business provides innovative workforce re-entry solutions that work to include marginalized workforce groups and bring new skills to the local economy.
- Large Business of the Year: S&O Construction Services, Inc– For 32 years, locally owned S&O Construction Services, Inc. has been dedicated to generating and creating a qualified labor field in the trades through education, training and inclusion. Combined with a strong philanthropic commitment, S&O’s focus on fairness and giving back to its community has built a formula for success.
- The Grand Award: iPark 84– Since acquiring the former IBM East Fishkill Campus in 2018, the food hub at iPark 84 has already grown to include 8 significant tenants that support the county’s strong food and beverage industry and created opportunities to enhance the tech sector. Home to more than 2,700 employees on-site, the company seeks to develop the property further into the office of future attracting and retaining motivated and well-educated employees.
- Special Recognition Award: Charles Daniels III– This year, Think Dutchess will also recognize Charles R. Daniels III of Rose & Kiernan in appreciation of his leadership in business, commitment to the community and his contribution to economic development in Dutchess County.
See more photos from the 2019 Business Excellence Awards below:
Thank you to our sponsors
Special Recognition Sponsor