Winners represent what makes our region Distinctly Dutchess – our community
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. – September 21, 2022
Think Dutchess Alliance for Business is proud to announce the winners of the 2022 Business Excellence Awards. Each fall, the annual awards recognize key businesses and nonprofit organizations of all sizes and industries that are making a significant economic impact on Dutchess County.
This year’s awards celebration will be held on Thursday, October 27, 2022 at The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY. The winners were determined based on a variety of criteria which contribute to overall economic development including innovation, creativity, community engagement and total impact made in their respective industry.
The premier business event of the year will honor the following Dutchess County businesses:
- Large Business of the Year: Arnoff Moving & Storage
- Since 1924, Arnoff Moving & Storage has been a family-owned and operated, full-service moving and storage company. Arnoff focuses on ways to expand their company while providing the necessary services to exceed customers’ expectations. Through 2022, Arnoff has continued to adapt to the changes in the industry and economic environment while upholding their company commitment of giving back to the community.
- Non-Profit of the Year: Family Services
- Family Services brings people together to find the support they need, improving their lives and communities, and building a stronger, safer Hudson Valley. Founded in 1879, programs ranging from Community Safety to Family Programs serve over 14,000 individuals annually in Dutchess, Orange and Ulster Counties. Utilizing an evidence-based and research-based approach, Family Services strives to enhance their work by remaining open to innovation that will result in the best outcome for clients and the community.
- Small Business of the Year: Hybrid Electrostatic Industries (HES)
- Operating out of iPark in Hopwell Junction, HES Industries designs and manufactures a device called an Electrostatic Chuck which is used to hold special material in place during the manufacturing of computer chips – successfully contributing to the dynamic semiconductor manufacturing industry in Dutchess County. HES has overcome COVID related supply chain difficulties, developing new opportunities through growing partnerships and reaching out to local technical schools to work to employ their students.
- Grand Award: Kirchhoff Companies
- Founded in 1986, Kirchhoff is an integrated real estate development, investment and management firm. Kirchhoff has remained dedicated to the growth and development of Dutchess County, contributing to the community through sponsorship, taking part in local events and building residential and commercial spaces that help increase jobs and housing in the area. As the Eastdale Village developer, Kirchhoff has built a new live, work and play, mixed-use experience in Dutchess.
- Innovator of the Year: Uncharted
- Uncharted’s mission is to accelerate the equitable development of smart and sustainable infrastructure. Uncharted helps cities access smart city insights at a fraction of the typical cost so every city has the opportunity to be a smart city. Demonstrating thought leadership, innovation and commitment to youth community engagement, Uncharted continues to make a lasting impact locally and internationally. Among these successful initiatives has been a $1.8 M grant to pilot an alternative modern standard for infrastructure development (partially taking place in Poughkeepsie) and the STEM/innovation UPlift program reaching 200+ students in the Poughkeepsie City School District.
Tickets are on sale now for the October 27th event at The Culinary Institute of America