Director of Business Attraction
DUTCHESS COUNTY LOCAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION/THINK DUTCHESS ALLIANCE FOR BUSINESS
Director, Business Attraction
The Director will serve in a highly dynamic and growing economic development program, whose strategy focus is to facilitate the creation of a diverse economic base through investment and job creation.
The Director will plan, organize, manage, coordinate, and implement programs and projects that support the attraction, relocation, expansion of domestic and international businesses. The Director will support the CEO in attaining all goals and objectives with specific responsibility on Business Attraction.
This person will be the point of contact for all attraction and investment related to leads and projects, from prospecting to project completion, including but not limited to, preparing proposals.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Develop and direct various business attraction programs which focus the county economic development efforts on the creation of new primary jobs and new investments in various industry clusters.
- Remain current on economic conditions, economic development programs, and other key industrial/business trends.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver assistance, information and services to leads and prospects. Information and services include but are not limited to: marketing and community information, custom proposals, sites and facilities, incentives, permitting, workforce development, briefings, site visits, property showings, networking and other assistance necessary to recruit and retain companies.
- Create and maintain reporting mechanisms for all activities related to business and investment attraction, including utilizing the CRM system.
- Work with team members to develop information and marketing materials needed by location decision makers to illustrate the advantages and opportunities in Dutchess County
- Work with team members to develop and implement talent strategies and approaches as it relates to attraction of business and industry.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Works in collaboration with all Dutchess County communities, to oversee site inventory, promotion of available buildings, sites, etc.
- Manage and shape agenda of assigned committee(s) and working groups.
- Represent Think Dutchess at special events, industry events, trade shows, business development meetings, etc.
- Represent the CEO at meetings with prospects, property owners, and others as needed.
Work is performed under the direct supervision of the CEO. Receives broad administrative guidance. With input from the Economic Development Advisory Committee – Real Estate Committee, assignments are in terms of setting objectives within strategic planning goals. Employee has responsibility for planning, designing and implementing programs/projects; studies and set goals in alignment with strategic plans and other organizational goals. Approval from CEO is necessary with regard to financial decisions.
- Familiarity with one or more key areas of prospect development and management (i.e. commercial real estate, consulting, business development)
- Ability to analyze data, produce and summarize reports
- Strong organizational, written and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced, deadline orientated environment with minimal supervision
- Preference for detail work
- Ability to prioritize simultaneous assignments
- Ability to work in team environment
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Practice
- Professional appearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and other software programs including a CRM
- Flexibility to work travel as necessary (3-8 trips per year)
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use Director of Business Attraction in the subject line.