Director, Business Retention & Expansion
The Director will serve in a highly dynamic and growing economic development program, whose strategy focus is to facilitate the creation of a diverse economic base through investment and job creation.
The Director will plan, organize, manage, coordinate, and implement programs and projects that support the expansion and retention of existing businesses and to promote entrepreneurship in Dutchess County. The Director will support the CEO in attaining all goals and objectives with specific responsibility on Business Retention and Expansion.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop, coordinate and implement a business retention and expansion program.
- Serve as key contact for existing companies to help them solve problems or challenges that hinder their growth in the community.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver assistance, information and services to respond to the needs of businesses and entrepreneurs including financial assistance programs, other business resources.
- Develop and maintain a database of project leads and business prospects as they pertain to business expansion and retention.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with key industries in the County.
- Along with the CEO, implement a business visitation program and maintain data from individual visits.
- Report findings of visitation program and address issues and concerns of existing companies.
- Develop and maintain detailed, accurate understanding of business ecosystem and all players including for-profit, non-profit, federal, state, local government resources.
- Recruit assistance from strategic partners for specific tasks/assignments to assure project success/wins.
- Manage special project assignments and collaborate with other team members to support overlapping/aligned goals related to business solutions including workforce, innovation partnerships, start up assistance, ecosystem mapping and key business wins.
- Remain up-to-date on economic conditions, economic development programs, local issues, and emerging industrial/business trends.
- Manage and shape agenda of assigned committee(s) and working groups.
- Represent Think Dutchess at special events, seminars, trade shows, business development meetings, etc.
Work is performed under the direct supervision of the CEO. Receives broad administrative guidance. With input from the Economic Development Advisory Committee – Business Innovation and Growth, assignments are in terms of setting objectives within strategic planning goals. Employee has responsibility for planning, designing and implementing programs/projects; studies and set goals in alignment with strategic plans and other organizational goals. Approval from CEO is necessary with regard to financial decisions.
- Familiarity with one or more key areas of client development and management (i.e. financial advisor, consulting, business development)
- Ability to analyze data, produce and summarize reports
- Strong organizational, written and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced, deadline orientated environment with minimal supervision
- Preference for detail work
- Ability to prioritize simultaneous assignments
- Ability to work in team environment
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Practice
- Professional appearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and other software programs including a CRM
- Ability to travel extensively regionally, with limited travel out of state.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use Director of Business Retention in the subject line.