The small business community continues to face numerous challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic resulting in the loss of customers and sales. Despite the reduction of some state restrictions and the availability of vaccines, our locally owned and operated businesses are struggling to survive–affecting more than 11,000 jobs. Federal and state programs to date have provided some relief in the form of loans and grants, but many small businesses were left behind by the flawed rollout of the programs. Businesses need new customer-acquisition strategies, and in some cases, diversifying or re-structuring product/service scope.
Dutchess County, Think Dutchess, Dutchess County of Regional Chamber of Commerce (DCRCOC), and Dutchess Tourism created the Micro-Marketing Campaign (MMC) to increase digital outreach capacity, foot traffic and sales, and educate small business owners on marketing strategies. The goal is to help businesses recover from their losses, increase sales, rehire workers and put the business back on a path to growth and sustainability.
Interested businesses can apply below.
To apply a business must be locally owned, operated and based in Dutchess County, properly registered or licensed, and be able to document revenue loss as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New York State Department of Labor identified the Service-Providing industry sector as the most adversely affected. Therefore, the program will prioritize independent businesses with 20 or less employees in the following categories: accommodations and food services, arts entertainment and recreation, retail trade, and personal care.
This program will provide funding and support for eligible businesses to learn marketing best practices and promote their business on digital platforms to increase visibility and expand their customer base. The program includes:
- Customized ad or post placement on digital platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google
- Webinars on small business marketing and promotion best practices
- A one-year membership with full benefits to the DCRCOC (existing members will receive options of sponsorship opportunities)
Additional benefits through the DCRCOC
- Free banner from FastSigns.
- 5 weeks of radio ads with Fox Radio.
- 5 Free social media graphics/ Website audit & review from Karlyn Group.
- Convert your logo into a stitch file for embroidered apparel courtesy of Branding Pros.
- iHeart Media of the Hudson Valley – Hudson Valley Business Scene Show interview. Airs on three stations and is an on-demand podcast.
- Compliant NYS compliant sexual harassment prevention training on demand for all employees through the chamber site.
- Access to Business News – Submission to this segment of our website may be published in three ways; online, in the Hudson Valley Business Scene, which is distributed in the Poughkeepsie Journal weekly and the Chamber Newsletter with is also distributed by the Poughkeepsie Journal and direct mailed to over 1300 businesses in the community.
- Networking opportunities with business community members, as well as niche audiences such as Hudson Valley Young Professionals, Women’s Leadership Alliance, Nonprofit Resource Committee and more.
- Job Postings – Complimentary
- Reach audiences outside the chamber with complimentary advertising in the Shop the Hudson Valley print guide, online website and social media paid advertising – all at no cost to the business. Courtesy of our sponsors.
- Invitations to exclusive events.
- Ribbon Cuttings – Celebrate a milestone occasion and meet business leaders and owners.
- A listing in the bi-annual print directory.
- Online Directory presence with 200 character business description, 200 character driving directions, 8 search keywords, Geo-mapping, Links to website and social media, and 1 primary category with 3 additional listings.
- Committee involvement to get involved and meet with other local business leaders.
- Educational involvement-seminars on social media, networking, and much more.
- Access to Leadership Development training.
- Ability to post events on the Community Calendar which receives 5,000 hits per week. Calendar: https://www.dcrcoc.org/events/catgid/6
- Discounts to participate in targeted expos for Consumers, Health and Wellness and Business to Business.
- Business resources such as Human Resource notifications for compliance and more.
- Access to member-to-member referrals via dcrcoc.org
- Ability to contact other member main contacts via dcrcoc.org
- Possibility of paid internships.
- Volunteering opportunities.
- Access to complimentary business planning and high-risk funding.
- Access SCORE and SBDC via the Chamber’s home office.
- Ability to connect with elected officials.
- Ability to post to our social media outlets with over 12,000 followers.
The review committee reserves the right to reject any application or approve reduced services.