Incentives & Financing
The Resources You Need
Dutchess County, with support from Empire State Development and other agencies, is positioned better than ever to compete for new jobs and investment. From the start-up CEO to the high-tech manufacturer, Think Dutchess is organized as your one-stop shop for information on incentives and financing available to make your move to or expansion in Dutchess County simpler and easier.
Given the location less than 90 minutes from New York City, Dutchess County offers the access, benefits and financing you need without the hassle of big city bureaucracy. Expedited permitting and real estate and development assistance is also available.
To find out if you or your business are eligible for the financing and incentives, please contact Sarah Lee, CEO at Think Dutchess, 845.463.5406, email@example.com
New York’s Empire State Development provides incentive and financing programs for relocating and expanding businesses:
- StartUp NY, a groundbreaking partnership between higher-ed and NYS allows eligible new and expanding businesses to operate tax-free for 10 years
- Excelsior Jobs, providing new-hire tax credits for employers in eight key industries (Biotech, Pharmaceutical, High-tech, Clean-tech, Green-tech, Financial, Agriculture, Manufacturing)
- Consolidated Funding Application (CFA), a single entry point for businesses to access economic development grants and financing from a variety of state funding sources
- Employee Training, providing incentives for new-hire training programs and advanced technology internships
- Real property tax abatement (PILOT)
- NYS sales, mortgage tax abatement
- Low-interest financing
- Tax or tax-exempt bond financing
Central Hudson Gas & Electric, offers up to $100,000 in additional funding when creating jobs in emerging growth industries in the region. Incentives for infrastructure investment, industrial revitalization and energy efficiency improvements are also available.
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is a public benefit corporation focused on reducing energy consumption, promoting the use of renewable energy sources, and protecting the environment through grants and incentive programs for commercial businesses and building owners.
Hudson Valley Startup Fund (HVSF) provides seed funding and mentorship to entrepreneurs, creating strong companies in the Hudson Valley, and delivering investment returns to its members. The fund brings together successful business and community leaders to invest time and resources in the area’s first regionally-focused member-managed angel fund.