World-Renowned Care Delivered Locally
Dutchess County residents don’t have to travel to New York City or Albany for specialized and innovative healthcare. Thanks in part to two major projects creating hundreds of jobs and advancing medical technology, patients have more options than ever for dynamic, high-quality care.
Vassar Brothers Medical Center, operated by HealthQuest, is building a new 696,000-square-foot in-patient pavilion¾the largest construction project in the City of Poughkeepsie to date. Featuring nearly 300 private rooms and state-of-the-art technology, Health Quest’s investment of nearly $500 million will make it one of the most patient-centric and advanced medical facilities in the country.
Today, there are more than 1,200 physicians offering a wide range of healthcare services to Dutchess County residents. Combined with easy accessibility to global healthcare hubs like New York City and beyond, Dutchess County provides its residents and workforce local, expert care that allows us all to spend less time traveling to and from appointments and more time enjoying the important things in life.
- Health Quest Systems, Inc. (county’s largest employer) employs 2,700 people
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center contributes $247 million in economic activity
- $466 million expansion at Vassar Brothers Medical Center will create 300 construction jobs
- $47 million expansion project allows Northern Dutchess Hospital to innovate in robotic surgery
- $1.5 million expansion to Northern Dutchess Hospital’s emergency room
- Northern Dutchess is first hospital-based birthing center in New York State
- CareMount Medical provides care to 500,000 people in New York State
- More than 1,200 physicians available to Dutchess County residents