Unparalleled Recreation & Leisure
Few dispute the quality of life in Dutchess County. When at home, residents relish the local beauty by hiking Mount Beacon, walking and biking trails (including a stretch of the Appalachian Trail,) racing dragon boats down the Hudson River and visiting more than 112,482 acres of farmland.
Prime recreational opportunities are abundant throughout Dutchess County’s vibrant urban centers and pristine countryside, and top real estate developers are taking notice. Hopewell Sports Dome Ventures and their A-list celebrity investors are pumping $25 million into the Kingdome, the largest inflatable sports dome in the United States at the size of three football fields.
During off hours, Dutchess County residents take to the great outdoors. With amenities reflecting the homegrown to the luxurious and ranging from the waterfront to the mountains, Dutchess County is the perfect location to balance a complete lifestyle¾less than an hour north of Manhattan.
- 90% of Beacon residents live within a half mile of a park
- Walkway Over the Hudson sees 500,000 visitors each year and is the world’s longest pedestrian bridge
- $500 million development, Silo Ridge Field Club, is expected to generate 200 jobs and $63 million by 2025
- Sports Kingdome is a $25 million recreational development
- 112,482 acres of farmland in Dutchess County
- DC Indoor Golf has 8 PGA Tour simulators for golfers
- Long Dock Park has 15 acres of trails
-Elizabeth Waldstein-Hart, executive director of the Walkway Over the Hudson
-Jeremy Pyles, creative director at Niche Modern