Our Fastest Growing Industry
More than 1,700 businesses in the agricultural sector support
- existing infrastructure
- creating new outlets of labor
- feed stores
- equipment sales
- seed dealers
- and many other support industries including production on Dutchess farms.
- Approximately 2,200 full-time jobs on 678 farms in Dutchess County.∗
- At least 4,400 in jobs relating to our agricultural infrastructures (not including grocery stores or food distribution chains).
- Dutchess County is home to a $50 million agricultural sector of preserved farmlands and successful farm-based businesses.
- Dutchess leads New York’s $3.5 billion dollar craft beverage industry
Influenced by the proximity to the Culinary Institute of America, and strengthened by a vibrant tourism sector and supportive community, food and beverage start-ups, manufacturers and producers have developed a taste for Dutchess. Take a look at these success stories from the past, present and future:
- For over a century, EFCO has called Dutchess County home and supplies pastry fillings to global industrial food processors, chain restaurants.
- On track to becoming the largest maple syrup manufacturer/distributor in North America, Dutchess based Crown Maple has recently expanded its production facility.
- Agri-business here in Dutchess just keeps growing. Soon, NY’s first sake brewery and tasting facility will open in Hyde Park, NY.