Think Dutchess to Host First Virtual Business Excellence Awards
Winners represent a diverse selection of industry leaders.
November 3, 2020
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. –—
Think Dutchess Alliance for Business will host its first virtual Business Excellence Awards with a video premiere set to release on November 19, 2020 at 5:30 pm. The awards, which typically gather nearly 400 of the region’s top C-suite executives, business leaders and government officials, will continue its tradition to honor the businesses in Dutchess County making significant contributions toward economic development.
“This year, perhaps more than ever, it is important that we celebrate the success and continued growth of our community in the face of the global pandemic,” said Think Dutchess Alliance for Business CEO, Sarah Lee. “Our winners represent the core values of the awards in displaying excellence, innovation, collaboration, service and resilience.”
This year’s winners represent key leaders that have made an impact on growing the economy, maintaining jobs, improving safety and maintaining our overall health and safety despite unprecedented challenges. They are:
- Innovator of the Year: Hudson Valley Concierge Service– A local concierge and driver service company that’s quickly grown while integrating modern communication technology to assure client safety;
- Nonprofit of the Year: Community Family Development- The City of Poughkeepsie’s oldest nonprofit daycare center that proved quality childcare is not only essential for children, but also to maintaining a healthy workforce;
- Small Business of the Year: Story Screen Beacon Theater- A boutique cinema experience that successfully pivoted to bring the community together in a safe way while attracting tourism.
- Large Business of the Year: Crepini– A food manufacturing company that navigated growing pains to bring new jobs and safe manufacturing to Dutchess County’s food hub.
- The Grand Award- Business of the Year, Central Hudson Gas & Electric– One of Dutchess County’s largest employers, the gas and energy company has been a critical agency in attracting and supporting business, extending essential grants to support the community in a time of crisis, and an avid supporter of programs to encourage economic growth.
- Special Recognition Award- Mary Kay Vrba– For her more than 25 years of dedication and service, Vrba has been instrumental to building the tourism industry in Dutchess County and developing it into a powerful economic development driver.
To allow guests to celebrate the winners safely at home and support local business in the process, special “At-Home Celebration Kit” tickets offer three special menus that can be ordered and picked up by the ticket holder on the night of the event. For more information visit https:/thinkdutchess.com. Tickets are on sale now
Sponsorships, congratulatory messages and advertising opportunities are also available at https://thinkdutchess.com/sponsorship/.
About Think Dutchess Alliance for Business
Think Dutchess Alliance for Business, formerly Dutchess County Economic Development Corporation, is the one-stop shop for business development needs and activities in Dutchess County, New York. A business-led, nationally recognized economic development corporation, Think Dutchess’ mission is to attract, retain, and expand for-profit and not-for-profit businesses in Dutchess County. Think Dutchess’ organizational structure includes programs in business retention, expansion and attraction; financial counseling and deal structuring; zoning and permitting; commercial real estate; innovation and technology; strategic marketing and municipal advocacy. For more information about Think Dutchess Alliance for Business, visit www.thinkdutchess.com